Sunday, June 5, 2011

Welcome and thanks for welcoming me.

So I've been talking about starting a blog for quite some time now and finally I got around to doing that. You know, I'm the worst kind of procrastinator. It's not as though I didn't have the time to start this up and start typing away...

Anyways, seeing as this is my first post and all, I wanted to say welcome to all those who are willing to peer into what goes in my mind, and also thank you for even bothering to come check it out.

This year hasn't been terribly busy, and as a result I have been able to do a lot of thinking, but not much writing. I plan to use this blog as a platform to express my thoughts to the world at large, and also to clear my mind up of all the things that just get stuck in there.

I'm a musician, so naturally I will write mostly about my take on music in general, providing critiques and reviews and the like, and as they start coming, post information about gigs and performances I might be doing. (That last bit may take a while.)

I've also been engrossed by many interesting things happening in the world, so I guess I'll be commenting and raising my opinion for those who are willing to listen. If you think about it, 2011 has been a very eventful year: social unrest in the Arab States, 'God-sent' tsunamis in New Zealand and Japan, Will and Kate getting married, Aunt Helen and Uncle JuJu continuing with their wonderfully entertaining antics, hotly contested (and often quite shitty, hehe) elections, Oprah ending, just to name a few. To think this year has yet to reach its midway. Hopefully society will give me much more to write about.

I don't think I'm very funny, but from what I've seen, throwing in a bit of humour helps somewhat. I'll try that too, but if it dismally fails, don't say I didn't warn you. What I do think I am is interesting. That might be a slightly conceited thing to say about myself, but who would honestly bother with a blog if they were boring? Besides, being interesting means that you are interested in other things and other people, which is a good thing, I'd say.

Oh, also follow me on Twitter, that's kind of like blogging in 140 characters or less. I don't know how but I'd like to link my blog and my Twitter account together so that if this blog goes anywhere, live tweet feeds would    keep you updated and yada yada... My username is @AndreiDamane (bland I know, but much easier to read and find than something like @TomAtoPr1nc3 or something). Nobody's ever complained about my tweets being boring so...

Anyways, to end off my very first blog post, I'd like to say quote something on one of my favourite Twitter followees' bios: Be as interesting as you are interesting. I hope that gives you a vague idea about where this blog is headed.

Best
Andrei Damane

No comments:

Post a Comment